Take your riding to the next level! Perfect upwind riding techniques, jump big, or learn some of your first tricks and spins! Unhooked Riding or Slider training is also available. Or simply come on out to a new location with us to learn the ropes and get a professional critique of your riding level and receive an IKO Rider Card. Our Instructors ride hard and will show you how too!
Audio Helmet Coaching System available for additional charge.
Intermediate / Independent
Includes all kiting equipment & transportation to/from jetty Island. 4/3 wetsuit required (special student rental rates $10/day, in-shop pickup only).
- Course available everyday April - October (by appointment, weather depending, some winter private availability).
- Instructional spots & meet times are posted by instructors on our Online Training Calendar 1-5 days before, which you can follow online or receive an email update every time a new spot is posted by paying in advance above. It is your responsibility to reserve a spot by replying to the instructor on the day of or in the future that fits your schedule. Spots can often go quickly.
- Also follow Jeffro’s WIND Forecast. Which will inform you of wind/ tide conditions and possible beaches for Kiteboarding each day.
- We are in constant contact to keep all our students on call and informed of the best wind and next opportunity to train with us.
- Jetty Island Trainings meet at the 10th St. Jetty Island boat launch between 1-130pm for equipment issue and transport. Your instructor will be in contact with you to confirm meeting time the day before. Look for our jet skis or Pontoon Boat with Large Orange IKO Flag at top moored at the new lower docks to the left of the boat launch in the same parking lot. Map
- Other locations and meeting times will be determined by Instructors
Skills Covered (IKO Level 3K,L,M):
- Water Starts / Short runs / Riding upwind/ Jumping
- Transitions/ Un-hooked Riding or Slider Training also available
- Review of past or previous skills
What to bring:
- Come prepared to be outside for that day’s weather conditions.
- Suggested: sweater, raincoat, sunscreen, hat, food & water, meds.
- 4/3 wetsuit (required).
- Cash Tip for your instructor if you had a good experience!
Student release of liability:
Download and sign before course, bring to your instructor.