Getting you up and riding is the focus of this course. Essential board skills are covered and the use of jetski assisted upwind lifts will give you the long down wind runs entry level riders need to dial in their skills. This course can also be specially tailored to suit your needs or refresh previous skills such as water relaunching, self-rescue or equipment tuning issues. Just pay for half of your lesson in advance to get on the scheduling calendar.... See Details Below.
Intermediate / Independent
Includes all kiting equipment & transportation to/from Jetty Island. 4/3 wetsuit required (Call shop to reserve 206.545.9463 $20/day, in-shop pickup only).
- Course available everyday April - October (by appointment, weather depending, some winter private availability).
- Instructional spots & meet times are posted by instructors on ourOnline Training Calendar 1-5 days before, and an email update is sent out to students who have paid for half of their lesson in advance. It is your responsibility to reserve a spot by replying to the instructor on the day of or in the future that fits your schedule. Spots can often go quickly.
- Also follow Jeffro’s WIND Forecast. Which will inform you of wind/ tide conditions and possible beaches for Kiteboarding each day.
- We are in constant contact to keep all our students on call and informed of the best wind and next opportunity to train with us.
- Jetty Island Trainings meet at the 10th St. Jetty Island boat launch between 1-130pm for equipment issue and transport. Your instructor will be in contact with you to confirm meeting time the day before. Look for our jet skis or Pontoon Boat with Large Orange IKO Flag at top moored at the new lower docks to the left of the boat launch in the same parking lot. Map
- Other locations and meeting times will be determined by Instructors
Skills Covered (IKO Level 2G,H,I / Level 3J,K,L,M):
- Body dragging with the board / Board handling skills
- Water starts / Short runs / Riding upwind
- Review of past or previous skills(Launch/ Water Launch/ Self Rescue)
What to bring:
- Come prepared to be outside for that day’s weather conditions.
- Suggested: Sweater, raincoat, sunscreen, hat, food & water, meds.
- 4/3 wetsuit (required).
- Cash Tip for your instructor if you had a good experience!
Student release of liability:
Download and sign before course, bring to your instructor.