Getting you up and riding is the focus of this course. Essential board skills are covered and the use of jetski assisted upwind lifts will give you the long down wind runs entry level riders need to dial in their skills. This course can also be specially tailored to suit your needs or refresh previous skills such as water relaunching, self-rescue or equipment tuning issues. Just pay for half of your lesson in advance to get on the scheduling calendar.... See Details Below.
Intermediate / Independent
Includes all kiting equipment & transportation to/from Jetty Island. 4/3 wetsuit required (Contact School Manager for rental suits $20).
- Course available everyday April - October (by appointment, weather depending, some winter private availability).
- Instructional spots & meet times are posted by instructors on ourOnline Training Calendar 1-5 days before, and an email update is sent out to students who have paid for half of their lesson in advance. It is your responsibility to reserve a spot by replying to the instructor on the day of or in the future that fits your schedule. Spots can often go quickly.
- Also follow the Jeffrocast, which will update you on Weather and School
- We are in constant contact to keep all our students on call and informed of the best wind and next opportunity to train with us via the HOT LIST.
- Jetty Island Trainings meet at the 10th St. Jetty Island boat launch between 1-2pm for equipment issue and transport. Your instructor will be in contact with you to confirm meeting time and make the Final Call the evening before by 8:30pm and update you via email. Look for our Red jet skis moored at the new lower docks to the left of the boat launch in the same parking lot. Map $3 Parking Fee
- Other locations and meeting times will be determined by Instructors
Skills Covered (IKO Level 2G,H,I / Level 3J,K,L,M,N):
- Body dragging with the board / Board handling skills
- Water starts / Short runs / Riding upwind
- Review of past or previous skills(Launch/ Water Launch/ Self Rescue)
What to bring:
- Come prepared to be outside for that day’s weather conditions.
- Suggested: Sweater, raincoat, sunscreen, hat, food & water, meds.
- 4/3 wetsuit (required).
- Cash Tip for your instructor if you had a good experience!
Student release of liability:
Download and sign before course, bring to your instructor.